Thursday 1 April 2010

Day 4

Today i got straight into drawing up scamps for the Directochef.com brief. I then presented them to rodger; a couple of them got put to the side but there were 2 particular concept he felt were really strong and asked me to develop one a bit further for the business side of things.

{images}

The next brief was also for a new company called kitchens ect based in Cardiff. They're an up-market contemporary kitchen designer with the USP that they will not only design the kitchen but if required structurally re-design the entire room to create the vision. 

An idea came to me straight away, but i wasn't able to scamp it effectively so i jumped straight into digitally visualizing it on the mac.


DESIGN WITHOUT COMPROMISE

I then hit a bit of a creative wall...nothing was coming to mind. Eventually I admitted defeat and presented the single concept to Rodger. The phrase 'quality not quantity' came to mind after Rodger's feedback and i wish i hadn't wasted and hour trying to force more concepts when my inital idea was so well received. 
We had a quick look through my scribbles and rodger picked up on 'Design without limitations' and 'the skys the limit' which I had scrawled down during my block and together we came up with a second concept.

DESIGN WITHOUT LIMITS



No comments:

Post a Comment